Keeper Connection Manager 2.11.0 introduces new connections with PostgreSQL and Microsoft SQL Server, plus other enhancements noted below. Keeper Connection Manager allows organizations to connect to endpoints without the need for VPN.
What is Keeper Connection Manager?
Securely manage your remote desktop connections from anywhere – no VPN required.
Keeper Connection Manager (KCM) provides DevOps and IT teams with instant access to Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP), SSH, database and Kubernetes endpoints through a web browser. KCM is a next-gen agentless, clientless remote desktop gateway that can be installed in any on-premises or cloud environment. The solution is lightning-fast, responsive and provides simple access controls.
Core features include:
RDP, SSH, K8s and VNC desktop protocols
- MySQL , PostgreSQL (NEW) and Microsoft SQL Server (NEW) database connections
- Session recording
- Multi-User session sharing
Role-Based Access Controls (RBAC)
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
- Active Directory (AD), SSO and LDAP integrations
The Problems That Users Face
Ensuring secure and easy access to internal infrastructure has always been challenging. Granting access to a system is usually a ‘set it and forget it’ type of action. Over time, this builds up and the result is an unknown number of people with unfettered access to an organization’s critical systems.
Traditionally, making changes or auditing authorization has been challenging. If something goes wrong, it is often impossible to know what was done on a system after the fact.
Some solutions try to solve this with agents, clients, distributed bastion servers or a combination of these. However, these approaches increase system complexity, can reduce performance and security, and inhibit wide-scale adoption.
Keeper Security’s Solution
Keeper Connection Manager solves the complexity and security dilemma with a modern, agentless solution that provides the security, ease of use and speed required in today’s distributed, remote work environments. KCM is powered by the open-source remote desktop gateway, Apache Guacamole. We are continuing to build upon this platform with even more innovative features.
Granting some access to the whole database server is giving admins too much power. They can see and do too much on that server not related to the task at hand. With KCM, organizations can grant admins only the access they need to the databases and tables required. For temporary access, this is much easier than installing client-side software such as Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio. Open a browser, login and you have quick access to what you need. All of which may need additional firewall and VPN configurations – with KCM, there is no VPN required.
What’s New in 2.11.0
Keeper Connection Manager now allows you to interact directly with:
- Microsoft SQL Server databases
- PostgreSQL databases
Also, these other improvements were made:
- Easy commands to check for the installed version of KCM
- Optimized the amount of KSM calls used when integrated with KCM
- Automatic enforcement of user account access time restrictions
- Various other bug fixes
Why Keeper Connection Manager for IT and DevOps Teams?
- Integrate with Keeper Secrets Manager out-of-the-box
- Manage credentials for connections to privileged systems in the Keeper Vault
- Support passwordless authentication to remote servers via all popular authentication solutions with or without an IdP solution
- Receive instant access to the console session of your privileged systems – physical access to a device isn’t required which reduces support costs
- Achieve and maintain compliance with SOC2, SOX, HIPAA, GDPR, FINRA, FedRAMP, StateRAMP and other industry-specific regulations
- Utilize advanced features such as supporting multi-user access, multi-session sharing, multiple open sessions and fast session switching
- Gain access to critical systems that may be locked down, ensuring no unknown or unauthorized entry points exist
- Mitigate and reduce risk to third-party vendors and contractors with secure, temporary and monitored access to authorized devices and machines
Keeper Connection Manager provides world-class, enterprise-grade, instant access to RDP, SSH, database and Kubernetes endpoints through a web browser – with no VPN required.
Learn more about Keeper Connection Manager