Happy SysAdmin Appreciation Day! This Friday, July 30, 2021, is the 22nd annual System Administrator Appreciation Day, when organizations around the world demonstrate their appreciation to their hard-working SysAdmins.
What is a SysAdmin?
Systems administrators are the unsung heroes who toil behind the scenes to keep IT systems around the world running and secure. As technology has evolved and grown more complex, so has the systems administrator role. Today’s SysAdmins need a solid understanding of both hardware and software, and they wear many hats, especially in smaller organizations.
A SysAdmin’s job responsibilities are extremely broad and may include network administration, responding to help desk tickets, contributing to and maintaining system standards, regularly testing and monitoring backups for disaster recovery, and more. If that sounds like a lot of work, it’s because it is! System administrators work long hours and have a lot of responsibility on their shoulders.
The Role of SysAdmins in Cybersecurity
SysAdmins manage user permissions for all applications and services throughout their organizations’ IT environments, assigning user roles and ensuring that all employees can securely access the applications and services they need to do their jobs. They’re also responsible for managing employee passwords and ensuring that employees are adhering to password security requirements, such as the use of strong, unique passwords and multi-factor authentication (2FA).
Since over 80% of successful data breaches are caused by weak or compromised passwords, this means that SysAdmins play a crucial role in defending their organizations against cybercrime.
How Keeper Simplifies Authentication for SysAdmins
SysAdmins have a lot to worry about. Keeper’s business password management solutions make their jobs easier by helping them prevent password-related data breaches and enforce compliance, with industry-leading features that include:
- Exclusive, proprietary zero-knowledge security model
- Three-in-one solution for small businesses; SMBs can use Keeper for password management, Single Sign-on (SSO), and Privileged Access Management (PAM)
- Ease of use for both IT admins and end-users; rapid deployment on all devices with no upfront equipment or installation costs
- Personalized onboarding and 24/7 support and training from a dedicated support specialist
- Support for role-based access control (RBAC), 2FA, auditing, event reporting, and multiple compliance standards, including HIPAA, DPA, FINRA, and GDPR
- Easy integration with SSO; no need for separate logins
- Secure storage for sensitive files, documents, photos, and videos on unlimited devices
- Private vaults for each employee, plus shared folders, subfolders, and passwords for teams
- FREE Keeper Family subscriptions for SysAdmins
In recognition of SysAdmin Appreciation Day, Keeper is giving away 1,000 free 12-month Keeper Family subscriptions to SysAdmins across the U.S. Additionally, one lucky SysAdmin will also win a $500 Amazon gift card!*
The Keeper Family Plan, a $74.99 value, includes:
- 5 Private Vaults
- Unlimited Password Storage on Unlimited Devices
- 10GB Secure File Storage
- Secure Record Sharing
These free subscriptions will go fast, so don’t wait; claim yours now by filling out this form!